![Lead Acid Batteries in Cold Weather ](http://www.solarpowerworldonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/winter_storage_RE1-1024×681.jpg)
[Lead acid batteries](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead–acid_battery) have charging and discharging rates that rely on the fluctuations of the temperatures or the weather conditions. Colder climates can speed down the rate of charging and discharging of these batteries whereas in the hot climates, the charge and discharge of these batteries can heighten up. We can say that this happens mainly because the lead acid batteries are kept in indoor locations, but they are not always plagued by the cold temperatures. However, a cold climate can increase the tolerance of a battery’s communication and can lessen its charging capacity and acceptance. Consequently, your batteries should be located in a place where the temperatures are amid 10-29°C.
##Some Recommendations to Preserve
* A rule to keep in mind is that a battery misplaces its aptitude in each 15 to 20 degrees that is below 27°C.
* Saving this in mind, you can gauge your power wants and can insert more battery banks to counterweigh.
* Most of this relies upon the circumstances your batteries are placed in.
* To you it may sound sensible keeping your battery banks near to the boilers and other means of brilliant heat, but hurdles can arise, mainly when some batteries are heated up than others, especially when the battery charger is linked with the battery and with the AC Power for upkeep charging.
* Battery brands suggest you to keep your batteries in a place where there is a balanced temperature.
* It is also recommended that your stowage spot should have ample of space between the walls and the batteries, so the air can circulate and keep the spot ventilated.
* Make sure the area is aerated and the batteries are kept afar from other electrical appliances that might trigger a spark.
##Warnings to Stick By
* With the apt circumstances, you can also gauge the condition of charge of your batteries by merely inspecting every one with the aid of a hydrometer.
* The capability to examine particular gravity ratings within the flooded lead acid batteries is a benefit in cool season function.
* This act permits the operator to fully take in the results of cold temperature on the batteries and lets them to be appropriately cared for.
* According to the general rule of thumb, minus four figures “.0004” from your hydrometer rating in every 10 degrees below 27°C.
Let’s just take this as an example; if the heat of the electrolyte is 50°F but your battery’s particular rating gravity is 1.200, you should minus the .012 from the rating.
* With this, you will be able to inspect your battery charge as .004 for each 10 degrees is equal to .012.
* Take this out from 1.200 and your true gravity rating will be 1.188 which means your battery cell is charged less than 50%.
* Some best [golf cart batteries](https://batterycharts.com/best-golf-cart-batteries/)
* Some best [trolling motor battery](https://batterycharts.com/best-trolling-motor-battery/)
Getting to understand how your batteries function in cool temperatures can extremely assist you in keeping a check on your battery banks health and aid in maintaining your power needs, especially in the times when you need electricity the most.